Regulatory Compliance Healthcare Lawyers
Health care reform continues to add more laws, rules and regulations with which providers, suppliers and payors must comply. At the same time, enforcement actions and penalties for even inadvertent violations of these laws have increased significantly.
We help providers, facilities, and businesses to understand and navigate the compliance minefield of healthcare regulations and defend those facing an enforcement action.
Our Regulatory Compliance practice includes:
- Analysis and structuring of transactions for compliance with federal fraud and abuse and “Stark” laws and state anti-kickback and self-referral laws
- Compliance with Medicare coding and billing requirements
- Compliance with state licensing laws
- Compliance audits and development of compliance plans
- Defense of governmental and private payor audits and overpayment determinations
- HIPAA compliance including handling breaches and OCR audits
- Defense of Medicare and Medicaid suspension actions
- Advice regarding voluntary disclosure of Stark violations and refunding overpayments